EMERALD ISLE CHAPEL BY THE SEA
Full-Time Youth & Family Pastor
CHURCH INTRODUCTION: Emerald Isle, N.C. Chapel by the Sea celebrates 50 years of ministry this year in this quiet, resort community on the NC Southern Outer Banks. Founded as a worship place for the full-time residents and seasonal visitors, the Chapel has grown into a vibrant, evangelical Bible fellowship representing Christ both locally and globally. For more information about the beliefs and mission of Chapel By The Sea, please visit www.eichapel.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Youth & Family Pastor is a new pastoral position reporting directly to the Senior Pastor. Click here to view and download the detail Job Description.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the youth and family ministry of Chapel by the Sea and directing the implementation of its mission and vision.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for the youth and family ministry, in conjunction with the pastoral staff and adult volunteers. In this context, “youth” is defined as children from nursery age to young adult, and “family” is defined as married or single adults (parent, grandparent, legal guardian, relative, etc.) caring for youth.
- Spiritually preparing the youth of Chapel by the Sea for challenges ahead in young adulthood and nurturing in those youth and their family a sense of clear Christian identity through an understanding of God-given gifts and talents.
- Participating weekly in community and/or school events involving youth connected with the Chapel youth ministry.
- Ensuring all youth events engage not only the participating youth, but also youth from the community and from Chapel by the Sea families who have not been regularly participating.
- Regularly recruiting and supervising all youth ministry paid staff and adult volunteers to ensure that all youth programs and special events create an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship, in which emerging spiritual and leadership skills can be developed.
- Being available to teach Sunday morning classes when needed and being present on Sunday mornings in worship and around the Sunday school classrooms.
- Ensuring that adherence to the Safe Sanctuary policy of Chapel by the Sea is being followed in all youth programs.
- Tracking youth ministry expenses for the current year, and developing a budget for the coming year for submission to the leadership of the church.
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree is required, preferably from an approved Bible college; MA degree from an approved seminary is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience leading a youth ministry is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of the Bible, theology, evangelical polity, pastoral theology, and spiritual formation.
ABILITIES: Initiative, leadership, ability to connect well with youth and volunteers, problem solving, patience, teaching, preaching, writing, reading, sense of humor, empathy, and energy. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and manage potentially tense or difficult situations. Commitment to grow as a disciple of Christ.
TERM & COMPENSATION: Three-year contract, renewed annually. Annual salary of $35K to $50K, depending on experience, education, and ministry skills.
- The detailed Youth & Family Pastor job description is posted: Click here to view and download the detail Job Description.
- Please email your cover letter, résumé, three letters of recommendation, and testimony to: firstname.lastname@example.org (all documents must be in PDF format).